The FN M249S™ Para, a semi-automatic version of the M249 Para light machine gun, was originally developed by FN Herstal as the FN MINIMI® and adopted by the U.S. Military in 1988. The rifle features the signature 16-inch FN cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined barrel and operates from a closed bolt position. Chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, the rifle will accept both magazine and linked ammunition belt and offers a 4.0-6.5 pound trigger pull out-of-the-box.
• Formed steel frame with claw extractor design
• Fixed, pivoting ejector plus side ejection of cases
• Top cover integrated MIL -STD 1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
• Changeable barrel
• Cold hammer-forged steel
• Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
• Rotating, telescoping buttstock assembly with hydraulic recoil buffer system and non-slip buttplate
• Crossbolt safety
• Curved trigger for improved finger position and control
• Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
• Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
Caliber: 5.56x45 mm
Barrel Length: 16.1"
Overall Length: 31.5-37"
Overall Height: 9.5"
Weight: 17.0 lbs. (empty)
Twist Rate: 1:7" RH
Trigger Pull: 4.0 -6.5 lbs.