How To Buy A Gun From WBT
We created this guide to put everyone at ease and make sure we are all on the same page. Please read all of it.
A few things to be aware of first:
You do NOT need license or permit to buy a gun via our website. You will need an Firearms Safety Card to submit the background check. Please read these DROS requirements for WBT. WBT DROS REQUIREMENTS.
You CAN buy a firearm via our website even if you are in a 1in30 hold. The 1in30 hold is for the submission of the DROS(Background check), not purchasing.
If you are prohibiting from owning firearms, buying them online is not a loophole. You must pass a background check for each firearm you buy. Firearms cannot ship to your home under any circumstances.
All of our firearms are CA Legal. They are made legal out of state and we use a variety of methods to make this happen including Kydex grip wraps, pinned stocks, removed flash hiders, mag locks, welded muzzle extensions, 10rd mags & anything else needed to make a firearm CA Legal.
To make all of this happen and comply with the strict CA laws, it usually takes several weeks to get your order to you. Our team works hard, usually 6 days a week to make this happen. Please be patient. We are often the only supplier of many models of firearms for CA. We promise there is never an intentional delay.
All firearms must ship to a licensed gun store(FFL) for the transfer in your area OR come to our location near San Diego for the transfer.
If you are unable to drive to San Diego, please use either of these links to find a gun store near you. FFL FINDER or FFL FINDER. Please reach out to your selected FFL and confirm they are able to accept your firearm. We are required to have a copy of their Federal Firearms License before we can ship your firearm which we will handle but it usually helps when they know a request is coming. If your shop does not respond to our requests for their license, it will delay the shipment of your firearm.
Please be advised: Most gun stores charge a transfer fee plus the DROS(Background check) of $37.19. Please check with your local dealer about that cost. Most dealers are $40-$100.
Your firearm will ship via Fedex to your local dealer. You will get a tracking number. Please give the shop a few days to call you before showing up. It takes some time for them to get your gun processed in.
To purchase a firearm from our website:
1. Select a Firearm(s) and any accessories you want.
2. Click "Add To Cart."
3. Go to your Cart by clicking the Cart Icon on the upper right side of the page.
4. Click the "Check Out" button
5. Enter your email and check out as a guest or create an account.
6. There are several options for delivery of your firearm. It must be sent to a local Firearms Dealer for the transfer or you must come to our location.
These are the following options, please select one:
7. Add your billing information. Please be advised your billing address much match the card you are using. ( If your payment is declined, please contact your financial institution. Declined payments are often a safety hold placed on your card and they need you to authorize the transaction.
8. Acknowledge our terms and conditions.
9. Hit the "Place Order" Button
10. If you need to add any notes to your order, please use order comments in the shipping section OR email us with your message and order number. We will ensure they get added.
Once you have completed this step, you are done. Your firearm is ordered. We work as fast as possible, but things take time for the great State of California. Please feel free to follow up with an email with any questions or comments. Please refrain from sending out "Status Check" emails if your order is less than 6 weeks old.
If you are going to do the DROS( background) at the La Mesa, CA WBT location, please be advised, we conduct all DROS start and pick ups via appointment. Once your firearm is at our store, a WBT employee will reach out and schedule your DROS. Please read the following: DROS REQUIREMENTS